The International MBA is an award developed to provide pre-experience applicants with a postgraduate general business qualification which will develop their skills and knowledge in the management of business at local, regional, national and international levels. This award will develop your knowledge of key business functions and their relationship with the wider strategic and international environment. You will also expand your knowledge and understanding of the current changes in the business environment through the study of strategic management, stakeholder management and corporate social responsibility.
The programme is designed so that full time students are able to complete the course in one academic year. By the end of the programme you will have enhanced your knowledge and understanding of Business and Management concepts and principles, theoretical frameworks and applied analysis through a range of learning experiences. You will also develop key skills in formulating and managing basic research, problem-solving and organising and managing projects.
- Critically analyse the use of the key functional areas of marketing, HR, finance, accounting and operations management in support of wider organisational activity.
- Critically evaluate strategic planning alternatives to take account of business environmental conditions.
- Critically evaluate the relationship between the organisation and its global environment and the importance of change and adaptability.
- Evaluate the role and contribution of creativity and innovation in the development of organisations
- Critically analyse contemporary issues, challenges and problems relating to business and management that impact on business and management at functional, strategic and global levels.
- Synthesise relevant critical thinking through academic research completing an independent research project/dissertation at masters level
The entry requirements for the International MBA are;
- A first or second class undergraduate honours degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent, or a professional qualification and/or experience considered to be equivalent to the above;
- A reference from a tutor who has supervised the applicant’s undergraduate studies and/or employer;
- Students may apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL) subject to the guidelines set out in the RPL Handbook. RPL includes accreditation of prior certificated learning and /or accreditation of prior experiential learning.
- Please check our minimum language entry requirements/before submitting your application.
- We offer a range programmes in English as a Foreign Language if you don’t meet these requirements.
Applications are also welcome from individuals who do not possess the above qualifications but who have significant management experience and are able to demonstrate previous non-certificated learning equivalent to the above. In such cases, admission to the programme will be based on an evaluation of the applicant’s ability to continue to benefit from and achieve the award.