The University of Sunderland is a public research university located in Sunderland, England. It has a well-established business school that offers a range of business programs including MBA. Here’s the information you requested:
- Name of the school of business: Sunderland Business School
- MBA programs: The University of Sunderland offers a full-time MBA program that takes 12 months to complete. The program has a practical approach and aims to develop students’ leadership, strategic thinking, and decision-making skills. The curriculum includes core modules, electives, and a business project. The program also includes opportunities for internships and company visits.
- Cost: The cost of the MBA program at the University of Sunderland is £13,500 for the 2022/23 academic year.
- Enrolment: The MBA program at the University of Sunderland has a small class size of around 25-30 students, which allows for individual attention and personalized support.
- Admissions requirements: To be eligible for the MBA program at the University of Sunderland, applicants should have a minimum of 2:2 UK honours degree or equivalent, at least three years of relevant work experience, and a good level of English proficiency. Applicants whose first language is not English must have an IELTS score of at least 6.0 or equivalent.
- GMAT requirement: The University of Sunderland does not require GMAT for its MBA program.
- Application deadline: There are no fixed application deadlines for the MBA program at the University of Sunderland, as the program operates on a rolling admissions basis.
- Start date: The MBA program at the University of Sunderland starts in September.
- Study mode: The MBA program is delivered in-person on the university’s Sunderland campus.
- Student body: The University of Sunderland has a diverse student body, with international students from over 100 countries. The university also has a commitment to widening participation, with a significant proportion of students from underrepresented groups.
- Minority percentage: The University of Sunderland does not provide specific data on the percentage of minority students.
- Average work experience of students: The University of Sunderland requires a minimum of three years of relevant work experience for its MBA program, so most students will have at least that much experience.
- Rankings: The University of Sunderland is not ranked in major global MBA rankings.
- Admissions: The admissions process at the University of Sunderland is straightforward and requires applicants to submit an online application, academic transcripts, a personal statement, and references.
- Accreditations: Sunderland Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which is the highest level of accreditation for business schools worldwide.
- Language of instruction: The language of instruction for the MBA program at the University of Sunderland is English.
- Faculty: The faculty at Sunderland Business School consists of experienced academics and professionals with industry experience. They bring a wealth of expertise to the classroom and have a strong commitment to teaching and research.
- Tuition fees: The tuition fee for the MBA program at the University of Sunderland is £13,500 for the 2022/23 academic year.
- Curriculum: The MBA curriculum at the University of Sunderland includes core modules in areas such as management and leadership, marketing, finance, and strategy, as well as electives that allow students to focus on specific areas of interest. The program also includes a business project that gives students the opportunity to apply what they have learned to a real-world business challenge.
- Alumni, salary, and jobs information: The University of Sunderland has a strong alumni network, and many graduates of the MBA program have gone on to successful careers in a range of industries. However, the university does not provide specific data on graduate employment rates, starting salaries, or alumni outcomes.
About Sunderland MBA
The Sunderland MBA offers a varied programme of lectures and applied learning through seminars, workshops and corporate engagement. A business simulation game is integrated into core teaching to cultivate and enhance leadership skills. You will also have the opportunity to take part in a four-day study visit and throughout the programme there is a dedicated pathway of management and leadership competence development activities – all this makes the Sunderland MBA an exciting and rewarding twelve months.
Teaching methods include lectures, seminars, class discussions, case studies, group work, presentations and applied study.
Your progress will be assessed with the dissertation and assignments, as well as exams in some topics.
Compared to an undergraduate course, you will find that this Masters course requires a higher level of independent reading and research.
Please note the availability of optional modules may be subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances or student demand.
If you join us in March, you will be offered the general MBA course with designated options.