The University of Stirling is located in Stirling, United Kingdom. The Stirling Management School at the university offers a range of postgraduate business programs, including MBA programs.
- The University of Stirling offers both full-time and part-time MBA programs. The full-time MBA program is a one-year program, while the part-time program can be completed in two or three years.
- The program costs £19,500 for international students and £16,950 for UK and EU students.
- Admissions requirements include a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, work experience, references, and English language proficiency (if applicable).
- The program does not explicitly require a GMAT score, but a strong score is recommended.
- The program begins in September and is offered in-person.
- The student body is diverse, with approximately 40% of the class consisting of international students.
- The faculty includes experienced professors and industry professionals.
- The University of Stirling is accredited by AACSB and EQUIS.
- The language of instruction is English.
Alumni, Salary and Jobs Information:
- The University of Stirling has a strong alumni network, with graduates working in a variety of industries around the world.
- According to the Financial Times Global MBA Rankings 2021, the University of Stirling’s MBA program is ranked #84 in the world.
- The university has a career development center that provides support to MBA students, including career counseling and networking opportunities.
- According to the Financial Times Global MBA Rankings 2021, the average salary three years after graduation is $65,581 USD.
About Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The AMBA-accredited Stirling MBA is designed to transform capable managers into successful business leaders. Our MBA qualification is unique in the way it focuses on the practices, processes and outcomes of managing in a range of contexts, from a large multinationals to small enterprises. There’s an emphasis on responsible leadership, sustainable strategy, creativity and change that helps inform contemporary debates about how to effectively manage limited resources with maximum impact.
This sought-after qualification will give you a thorough understanding of the functional areas of business and management including:
- accounting and finance
- operations management
- human resource management
By completing this course, you’ll gain the confidence and resilience to respond to continually developing circumstances, the skills to build and lead a team, and the theoretical and practical knowledge to successfully manage the challenges of the modern business environment.
You’ll have the chance to go on regular site visits with senior executives and industry experts, as well as the opportunity to undertake a consultancy project with a business or organisation across the public, private and non-profit sectors. This allows you to integrate the knowledge and skills from your MBA to solve a real business challenge.
Learn from the experts
You’ll be taught by internationally recognised subject experts. They all have extensive business and consultancy experience. Throughout the course you’ll also be able to engage with senior executives from the private, public and third sectors, as well as entrepreneurs. This provides you with a practical perspective on contemporary business topics. We have a series of guest lectures and workshops which provide many networking opportunities with potential employers.
The University of Stirling Management School
At the University of Stirling Management School, the principle of responsible business, policy and practice is central to everything we do. This vision helps us to equip our students effectively with the skills to act as global citizens, capable of addressing the needs of society.
As a member of the Chartered Association for Business Schools, we have strong links with industry and were recently awarded the Small Business Charter for engagement with local and regional enterprise.
We’re in an elite group of business schools globally – and one of only 14 in the UK – to hold accreditation from the Association of MBAs (AMBA) for both our MBA and MSc Business and Management (MBM) courses.
- Top reasons to study with us
Understanding the practices and processes of business in terms of inclusion, environmental, cultural, social and economic sustainability is central to the course. These concerns and perspectives are explored in the context of a wide range of industries and economies. Throughout the world, such issues are increasingly being taken more seriously, as a response to the current financial crisis. This course is the first MBA in Scotland specifically designed to cater to this important agenda.
Developing Business Leaders of the Future
Postgraduate education at the University of Stirling Management School goes beyond text books and lecture rooms, we also focus on your personal and professional development.
We believe that everyone has the capacity to be outstanding and we help you to become aware of your untapped capabilities. Our MBA is unusual in its holistic approach – it is not only focused on sustainable strategy, but also on sustainable selves. As a result you’ll develop an understanding of both functional and operational demands as well as your personal role as an inspiring leader.
At the University of Stirling Management School we understand the importance of your MBA to help you with your career choices. We understand the skills and personal qualities that recruiters look for in an individual so we’ve carefully embedded opportunities to identify, practice and develop those skills during your time with us. This is reflected in the personal and professional development modules.
Our unique Flying Start Leadership programme equips you with the awareness, knowledge and techniques essential for building a successful career. These range from practical skills, like effective public speaking, to developing ways to work under pressure in difficult situations such as conflict management. Find out more about Flying Start.
The Stirling MBA is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), the international impartial authority on postgraduate business education. Established in 1967, AMBA aims to raise the profile of business education and the MBA qualification in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.