The University of Southampton is located in Southampton, United Kingdom. The School of Business at the University of Southampton offers a full-time MBA program, as well as an Executive MBA program for professionals.
- The full-time MBA program at the University of Southampton is a 12-month program designed for professionals with at least three years of work experience. The program offers specializations in finance, entrepreneurship, and digital business.
- The program costs £23,500 for international students and £13,500 for UK and EU students.
- The average GMAT score is not explicitly stated, but a strong GMAT score is recommended.
- Admissions requirements include a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, work experience, references, and English language proficiency (if applicable).
- The program begins in September and is offered in-person.
- The student body is diverse, with international students making up approximately 90% of the class.
- The faculty includes experienced professors and industry professionals.
- The University of Southampton is accredited by AACSB and EQUIS.
- The language of instruction is English.
Alumni, Salary and Jobs Information:
- The University of Southampton has a strong alumni network, with graduates working in a variety of industries around the world.
- According to the Financial Times Global MBA Rankings 2021, the University of Southampton’s MBA program is ranked #89 in the world.
- The University of Southampton has a career services center that provides support to MBA students, including career counseling and networking opportunities.
- According to the Financial Times Global MBA Rankings 2021, the average salary three years after graduation is $82,696 USD.
About Southampton MBA
The new Southampton Full-time MBA focuses on leading people and organisations to face the critical challenges of sustainability, innovation and change in today’s highly volatile and uncertain environment.
Taught by world-class academics, the Southampton MBA delivers cutting-edge thinking and requires you to apply it to real business problems through a combination of business research, ‘live’ client consultancy, company visits, international study trips and regular exposure to senior business leaders.
By developing your analytical, strategic and leadership skills across all business disciplines, you will gain a more holistic view of management and leadership, which will propel your career to new heights.
The Full-time MBA attracts managers from across the world. They come from public and private sector organisations, including the financial, oil and gas, IT, telecoms, manufacturing, health and service sectors. Working closely with a highly diverse, international cohort will enrich your experience further and give you a valuable insight into different business cultures.
Whether you wish to improve your promotion prospects, bring new skills to your current role or demonstrate that you are ready to take on a higher level of responsibility, the Southampton MBA will help you to achieve your ambitions.
Completing an MBA at Southampton will enable you to take your career to the next level, whatever your sector. You’ll graduate with a wide range of business skills, the confidence to tackle problems and lead organisational change, and experience of working in an international, cross-cultural team. Our students come from a variety of professional backgrounds and many return to their sector with a view to taking on roles with greater managerial, strategic or leadership responsibilities.
Dedicated career support
To help you plan your next career steps, the Southampton MBA includes a Leadership Development Programme (LDP). As well as one-to-one sessions with your independent coach, the PPD includes a series of workshops tailored for MBA students and delivered by the University’s Careers and Employability Service. You’ll also have access to worldwide MBA-level employment opportunities and recruiter fairs. Every year we host a series of guest speakers from a range of industries to talk about employment-related topics.