University of Plymouth is a public research university located in Plymouth, England. It was founded in 1862 as a School of Navigation, but has since expanded to offer a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs across multiple disciplines, including business, engineering, health, sciences, and the arts.
The university’s business school, Plymouth Business School, is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and offers undergraduate and graduate programs in accounting, economics, finance, management, and marketing. The business school also offers research opportunities in a number of areas, including entrepreneurship, sustainability, and innovation.
Plymouth University is known for its strong research culture, with a focus on sustainability and marine science. It has a diverse student body of over 19,000 students, with international students from over 100 countries. The university is also known for its commitment to social justice and community engagement, with a range of programs and initiatives aimed at supporting local communities and promoting social change.
About Plymouth MBA
The University of Plymouth MBA is recognised worldwide as the premier postgraduate qualification in the field of business management. This MBA is a ‘top-up’ programme designed specifically for holders of Postgraduate Diplomas in business or management, allowing you to ‘fast-track’ your studies to gain a full MBA award. The programme assessment is project-based and supported through expert supervision and online learning – it can be studied from any location world-wide.
- Postgraduate Diploma holders can gain a prestigious MBA from a leading UK University
- Flexible delivery by expert faculty from Plymouth University
- Study from any location worldwide
- Supported by online learning resources
- Access to Plymouth University e-library
- Choice of two start dates: September or March/April.
The MBA top-up award has been offered by University of Plymouth for several years. As a ‘top-up’ programme, it is designed specifically for students already holding 120 level 7 credits in business or management (e.g. holders of postgraduate diplomas), allowing them to fast-track their studies to gain a full MBA award. Key distinctive features are as follows:
- Assessment is project-based with students undertaking a dissertation under the supervision of an academic with expertise in the chosen subject area.
- The programme may be studied through distance learning and support is normally provided through regular online supervisory meetings. Learning support for the programme will be provided through the University of Plymouth DLE, incorporating a variety of digital learning resources and activities (e.g. discussion groups).
- The programme can be studied from any location in the UK or worldwide, with no necessity to travel to Plymouth.
- Students studying at distance will have full access to University of Plymouth’s elibrary.
- The programme is highly flexible, offering two start dates: September and March.
- Submission is scheduled a year later but the flexible delivery mode allows students to study at their own pace, meaning that it may be possible to submit within a shorter time-frame.
- Named pathways are available for students submitting dissertations in a range of subject areas.