The University of Kent is a public research university located in the southeastern part of England, United Kingdom. The Kent Business School (KBS) is one of the four faculties of the university, and it is a leading business school in the UK with a global reputation for its academic excellence, international outlook, and research quality.
The KBS offers a range of MBA programs designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in today’s dynamic global business environment. These programs include:
- Full-time MBA: This is a one-year full-time program that offers a broad-based curriculum covering core business disciplines, including accounting, finance, marketing, and operations management. The program also includes a range of electives that allow students to tailor their learning experience to their individual interests and career aspirations.
- Executive MBA: The Executive MBA is a two-year part-time program designed for experienced professionals who are looking to enhance their leadership and management skills. The program is delivered in a flexible format that allows students to balance their work commitments with their studies.
- MBA (Finance): This is a specialized MBA program designed for students who are looking to develop a career in finance. The program provides students with a solid foundation in finance theory and practice and covers topics such as financial management, investment analysis, and risk management.
- MBA (International Business): This program is designed for students who are looking to develop a career in international business. The program covers topics such as international marketing, global strategy, and cross-cultural management, and includes a range of international study opportunities.
All MBA programs at KBS are taught by experienced faculty members who are actively engaged in research and have extensive industry experience. The school also has a strong focus on experiential learning, and students have the opportunity to participate in a range of business projects, consultancy assignments, and international study tours. Graduates of the KBS MBA programs have gone on to successful careers in a range of industries, including finance, consulting, and marketing.
About Kent MBA
The Kent MBA provides students with the knowledge and skills to become transformational leaders with innovative mindsets, who understand and can embed responsible management for the advancement of local and global communities.
As a student of the Kent MBA, you are encouraged to think, question and find solutions alongside academic staff, organisations and fellow students. The Kent MBA programme builds upon three pillars; Observe, create and practice. The Kent MBA will allow you to understand organisations and the context in which they operate (observe), help you to re-interpret these organisational frameworks (create), and consolidate and apply this acquired knowledge to your own organisation (practice).
The Kent MBA combines rigorous business theory with relevant practical application, using:
- A Case Study-based Teaching Method
- A European Study Tour
- Consultancy and Negotiation Skills Week
- Business Start-Up Week
- Business Skills
- Business Simulation
- 1 to 1 Executive Coaching
- Guest Speaker Series (in collaboration with various organisations and clubs)
Throughout the programme you engage with organisations; small, medium and large, regional to multinational, to test theories immediately in real-world situations. You will connect with strategic thinkers with commercial flair and global perspectives. The connections you make during this time will be with you for life.
The Business School has a wide range of funding opportunities for postgraduate students, which include Scholarships, Bursaries, and the Double Loyalty Scheme for University of Kent undergraduates and the KBS Early Bird Scheme. The Early Bird equates to a 10% discount on tuition fees.
The Kent MBA scholarships include:
- Women in Leadership Scholarship
- Leaders in Sustainability Scholarship
- SME Entrepreneur and Innovator Scholarship
In addition, we offer a corporate discount to companies wishing to sponsor two or more of their staff to undertake the Kent MBA on a part-time basis.
Kent Business School (KBS)
With over 25 years’ experience delivering business education, Kent Business School is ranked as a top 20 UK business school, both for the standard of our teaching and student satisfaction. Our portfolio of postgraduate programmes demonstrates the breadth and depth of our expertise. Academic research and links with global business inform our teaching, ensuring a curriculum that is relevant and current. We also hold a number of accreditations by professional bodies.
Studying at Kent Business School (KBS) gives you the opportunity to increase your employability with real-life case studies, a student council and a business society. We have strong links to local and national organisations providing opportunities for projects, internships and graduate placements. The School attracts many high-profile speakers from industry and last year included visits and lectures from staff of the Bank of England, BAE Systems, Barclays, Lloyds Insurance, Cummins, Delphi and Kent County Council.
The School currently has around 60 PhD students, who form a dynamic and close-knit research community.