The University of California, Berkeley – Haas School of Business is a prestigious business school located in Berkeley, California, USA. It was established in 1898 and is one of the oldest business schools in the US. Here are some key features of the MBA program at UC Berkeley – Haas School of Business:
- The full-time MBA program at UC Berkeley – Haas School of Business is a two-year program.
- The program has a cohort structure where students progress through the program together in a tight-knit community.
- The program includes both required core courses and a wide range of electives.
- The curriculum at Haas School of Business is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in business fundamentals while also allowing for customization based on their interests.
- Students can choose from a wide range of electives, including courses in entrepreneurship, finance, marketing, and more.
- The program also includes experiential learning opportunities such as the Applied Innovation course, which allows students to work on real-world projects with leading companies.
- The admissions process at Haas School of Business is highly selective. The school receives thousands of applications each year, and only a small percentage of applicants are admitted.
- Admissions criteria include academic performance, work experience, essays, letters of recommendation, and more.
- Haas also values diversity and encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Haas School of Business has a strong reputation for placing graduates in top companies across a wide range of industries.
- The school has a dedicated career center that provides career coaching, job search resources, and networking opportunities for students.
- The school also has a strong alumni network, which can be a valuable resource for job seekers.
Overall, the UC Berkeley – Haas School of Business MBA program is a rigorous and highly selective program that provides students with a strong foundation in business fundamentals and a wide range of elective options. The program’s experiential learning opportunities and strong career services make it an attractive option for students looking to launch a successful career in business.
2 reviews on “University of California Berkeley – Haas School of Business”
At Haas, I learned that being an entrepreneur isn’t just about starting a company. It’s also about running it and making it successful. In addition to classes focusing on entrepreneurship, I’ve taken general management classes such as marketing, organizational behavior, finance and accounting that complement my background in science, engineering and business.
After graduation, I chose to work at an established technology company for a while to gain tactical operational experience and establish a reputation before starting my own venture. I’ve realized the importance of building your own name as a brand so that others will have confidence in you and provide backing and support. I have also become friends with many of my classmates who share the same interests and goals.
Coming from a business development and engineering background, I had never worked in consulting prior to coming to Haas. But many of my classmates had worked at the leading consulting firms and helped shed light on the industry for me.
Students here are very willing to offer referrals and suggestions – there is a real spirit of collaboration in helping your classmates get the jobs they want. My classmates who had worked at the firms I was interested in not only told me about their companies, but also put me in touch with their networks.