University of Bern
Location: Bern, Switzerland
- The University of Bern is a public research university located in the city of Bern in Switzerland.
- It was founded in 1834 and is one of the oldest universities in Switzerland.
- The university offers a wide range of academic programs in various fields including law, medicine, economics, humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and theology.
- It is recognized as one of the leading universities in Switzerland and Europe.
- The University of Bern offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in several faculties:
- Faculty of Theology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Science
- The University of Bern has a strong focus on research and is involved in various interdisciplinary research projects.
- It is home to several research centers and institutes in various fields such as:
- Institute of Applied Physics
- Institute of Astronomy
- Institute of Ecology and Evolution
- Institute of Philosophy
- The University of Bern has a strong international focus and offers various exchange programs for students and faculty.
- It has partnerships with over 300 universities worldwide and is a member of various international organizations such as the European University Association and the League of European Research Universities.
- The university also offers several international master’s programs in collaboration with other universities.
- The University of Bern has a vibrant student life with various student organizations and clubs.
- The university also offers various sports facilities and activities for students.
- Accommodation options are available for students both on and off campus.
Tuition and Scholarships:
- Tuition fees at the University of Bern vary depending on the program and level of study.
- Scholarships and financial aid are available for eligible students, including international students.