The Open University Business School (OUBS) is a part of The Open University, a distance-learning and research university based in the United Kingdom with a global reach. The OUBS offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in business and management, including an MBA program.
- Name of School of Business: The Open University Business School (OUBS)
- MBA Programs: The OUBS offers an MBA program that can be studied entirely online. The program is designed to be flexible and customizable to meet individual learning needs. It includes a mix of core modules and optional modules, allowing students to specialize in specific areas of business and management. The program takes a minimum of two years to complete, but can be extended up to five years. The cost of the program varies depending on the number of modules taken, but typically ranges from £14,400 to £19,200.
- Admissions Requirements: Applicants to the MBA program are required to have a minimum of three years of relevant work experience, a good undergraduate degree or an equivalent professional qualification, and a satisfactory score on the OUBS MBA Entry Test. The program does not require GMAT.
- Student Body: The OUBS has a diverse student body, with students from more than 150 countries. The average age of students is 38, and the average work experience is 13 years.
- Rankings: The OUBS is consistently ranked among the top business schools in the UK and Europe for online and distance learning.
- Admissions: The OUBS operates a rolling admissions process, meaning that applications are accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis throughout the year. There are no application deadlines.
- Accreditations: The OUBS is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- Language of Instruction: The language of instruction is English.
- Faculty: The OUBS has a diverse faculty of over 150 academic staff, including leading experts in their respective fields of business and management.
- Tuition Fees: The cost of the MBA program varies depending on the number of modules taken, but typically ranges from £14,400 to £19,200.
- Curriculum: The MBA program curriculum includes a mix of core modules and optional modules, allowing students to specialize in specific areas of business and management. Core modules cover topics such as finance, marketing, and strategic management, while optional modules cover a range of topics including innovation and entrepreneurship, leadership, and project management.
- Alumni: The OUBS has a global network of over 230,000 alumni. According to a recent survey, 86% of OUBS MBA graduates said that the program had a positive impact on their career progression, and 75% of alumni said that they had received a salary increase since completing the program.
About Open University MBA
The Open University’s MBA is an internationally recognised postgraduate qualification.
The programme teaches a range of core disciplines and skills, all of which are intended to enable you to ‘master’ this fascinating subject.
An integrated programme, the MBA course comprises 75% of compulsory elements (including the final organisation-based project) and 25% optional modules.
Study topics include organisational management, corporate finance, change management, marketing and entrepreneurship, to name but a few.
You’ll need to have practical management and/or decision-making experience, so that you have a practical business base on which to build your learning.
Is this the right course for me?
Opting to study for an MBA with The Open University is an exciting decision – and not one to be made lightly. This intensive course requires dedication, hard work and personal sacrifice, but will, of course, be hugely rewarding too. Before enrolling, here are three key points to consider:
What’s my long-term plan?
An MBA qualification will open doors, whether you wish to advance within your chosen career or move into a different industry entirely. Either way, it’s important to have an idea of what you want in advance, and to use the training you receive during the course to your best advantage.
Do I wish to improve my leadership skills?
Among many other skills, studying for an MBA will teach you how to manage people effectively in a business environment. As such, it’s useful to have a prior interest in leadership.
Do I have sufficient experience?
Ideally, as an MBA student you’ll have some real-world industry experience; the average age for enrolment for this course of study is mid-to-late twenties. College graduates are, of course, welcome to enrol; it’s just more likely that having spent some time in a professional environment, you’ll have a good, basic understanding of how business works. Plus, you’ll have more to contribute to your peers’ learning experience.
Why study the MBA with The Open University?
The Open University Business School is one of less than 60 business schools worldwide to have triple-accredited status. Therefore, studying with us will position you among the business elite.
Our MBA programme is developed by leading business academics, and we work alongside businesses to deliver an MBA that will take your career to a new level.
Our vast experience of developing study programmes, allied with our individual approach to business education, equals a tailored and effective MBA that is uniquely placed to assist you to achieve your business potential.With our Master of Business Administration the quality of your experience is matched by our unrivalled approach to learning:
- Proven: Our triple-accredited status places us in the top one per cent of business schools worldwide.
- Unique: We’re the only triple-accredited business school to specialise in flexible learning.
- Practical: MBA studies enable you to apply your learning to your workplace straightaway.
- Convenient: Our unique distance-learning method and innovative use of technology enable you to study at home or on the move.
- Affordable: We offer the option to pay in monthly instalments, and the nature of our study means you can earn while you learn.
Learn how study works and how to apply.
Career prospects for Open University MBA graduates
Career prospects for our MBA graduates are outstanding. Quite simply, an MBA qualification signals to employers that you have the skills and experience necessary for top management positions.
In terms of career impact, my MBA was a game changer… The MBA has helped me to become an entrepreneur with a global mindset and cross-cultural leadership abilities.
Ala Russu, MBA
- Medium Language English
- Country United Kingdom/ Milton Keynes
Post New Review