The MBA program at Queensland University of Technology will teach you to challenge conventions and go beyond established pathways, and equip you to lead and manage decisively in a complex business world. As a QUT MBA student you will critically analyse business situations and develop innovative solutions to real-world cases. Through flexible and innovative units, you will develop the skills essential to becoming a global business professional. The practical nature of this course enables you to apply concepts and management techniques learned in class directly to your workplace. You gain the knowledge and skills to become an effective leader and manager within your organisation.
The MBA program is made up four components that build on each other to provide you with an integrated and multi-disciplinary curriculum to equip you to take on the challenges and opportunities of a complex business environment.
Each MBA unit of 6 credit points is delivered in a seven-week module (six weeks teaching with final assessment in week seven).
1. Building Foundations
- Strategic Management
- Communicating to Influence
- Economics in Business
- Problem Framing for Creative Action
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Marketing Strategically
- Personal Leadership and Change
- Data Analysis and Decision Making
2. Multi-Disciplinary Decision Making
- Understanding and Leading Others
- Business Law
- Financial Management
- Contemporary Human Resources Management Issues
- Managing Technological Innovation
- Understanding Leadership and Complexity
- Corporate Governance and Accountability
Students can then add greater depth in an area of interest by choosing a concentration in Leadership and Strategy or a specific discipline pathway from within the QUT Business School’s postgraduate offerings or from other schools and faculties at QUT.
Leadership and Strategy
- Systems Thinking for Managers
- Investment Strategies for Technology
- Negotiation Skills and Strategies
- Stakeholder Engagement and Media Principles
- Improving Business Operations
- Advanced Strategy for Global Business
If you complete the Leadership and Strategy concentration the title will appear on your academic transcript.
Students may choose 36 credit points of MBA units and/or 36 credit points from a specific area of interest in a discipline. Discipline areas could include Accounting, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Finance or Healthcare.
4. Integrated Workplace Project
The final component of the MBA program is made up of one capstone unit which provides you with the opportunity to apply what you have learned in the program to real opportunities in a new venture or within an organisation.
- Integrated Workplace Project
One review on “Queensland University of Technology”
Incredible place! Not just a university but probably also a tourist spot. So garden like with infusion of lots of technology. Brisbane is an incredible city as is whole of Australia. Extremely beautiful with a perfect balance of all elements for human living. More than anything one will find incredible people in entire Australia. Awesome!