New Bulgarian University (NBU) is a private university located in Sofia, the capital city of Bulgaria. It was founded in 1991 and is one of the first private universities in the country. NBU offers undergraduate and graduate programs in various fields, including business, economics, law, humanities, and social sciences.
The university has a diverse student body, with over 12,000 students from Bulgaria and other countries. The faculty is composed of experienced professors and researchers, many of whom have earned their degrees from prestigious universities around the world. The university is committed to providing high-quality education that prepares students for the demands of the global economy.
NBU’s School of Business and Management offers undergraduate and graduate programs in business administration, economics, management, and marketing. The programs are designed to provide students with a strong foundation in business principles and prepare them for successful careers in a variety of industries. The curriculum includes a mix of theoretical and practical coursework, as well as internships and other experiential learning opportunities.
The university has a strong focus on research, and its faculty members are actively engaged in a range of research projects in their respective fields. NBU has partnerships with several universities around the world, including in the United States, Europe, and Asia, which provide opportunities for students and faculty to participate in international academic and research programs.
The campus is equipped with modern facilities, including lecture halls, seminar rooms, computer labs, a library, and sports facilities. The university also offers a range of student services, including career counseling, academic advising, and extracurricular activities.
New Bulgarian University provides a high-quality education and a supportive learning environment for students. Its commitment to academic excellence and research makes it a respected institution in Bulgaria and beyond.
- New Bulgarian University (NBU) is a business school located in Sofia, Bulgaria. The school was founded in 1991 and offers a variety of business and management programs, including MBA programs.
- NBU offers two MBA programs: a full-time MBA and an Executive MBA. The full-time MBA program is a two-year program that focuses on leadership and general management, while the Executive MBA program is designed for experienced professionals looking to advance their careers.
- Admission to NBU’s MBA programs is competitive and based on a variety of criteria, including academic and professional experience, GMAT scores (required for the full-time MBA program), and essays. The school also looks for candidates who demonstrate leadership potential and a strong commitment to personal and professional development.
- The language of instruction at NBU is English. The faculty is composed of experienced professors and practitioners who are experts in their fields.
- Tuition fees for NBU’s MBA programs vary depending on the program and the length of study. The full-time MBA program, for example, costs approximately €9,000 per year, while the Executive MBA program costs approximately €15,000 for the entire program.
- NBU is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and is a member of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA). The school is also recognized by the Bulgarian Accreditation Agency (BAA).
- NBU has a diverse student body, with students from a variety of countries and backgrounds. The school has a strong network of alumni who are leaders in a variety of industries around the world. NBU has career services staff and resources available to help MBA students and alumni with their job search and career development.
- The MBA programs at NBU are designed to provide students with a strong foundation in general management and leadership. The programs cover a range of business and management topics, including finance, marketing, operations, and strategy, and include a capstone project where students can apply their knowledge to a real-world business problem.
- In addition to its MBA programs, NBU also offers a variety of other business and management programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and executive education programs. The school also has a strong research focus and is home to several research centers and institutes, including the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation and the Center for Marketing and Advertising.
- NBU is located in Sofia, the capital city of Bulgaria. As a student at NBU, you will have the opportunity to study and live in this vibrant city while also gaining a world-class education.
- NBU has a strong reputation and is consistently ranked as one of the top business schools in Bulgaria and Eastern Europe. The school is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which is a prestigious accreditation recognized by business schools around the world. The school is also a member of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA), which are leading organizations for business education.
- After completing an MBA program at NBU, many graduates go on to successful careers in a variety of industries. The school has a strong network of alumni who are leaders in their fields and can provide valuable support and networking opportunities for MBA graduates. NBU also has career services staff and resources available to help MBA students and alumni with their job search and career development.
2 reviews on “New Bulgarian University”
I enrolled only to keep my parents happy and shut them up about my future but eventually I ended up getting a somewhat decent education (or outstanding education by Bulgarian standards).
Things I liked about NBU: flexible curriculum options, so you never have to wake up for an 8 am class; some of the professors were quite cool; they didn’t kick me out.
Things I didn’t like about it: they made me pay tuition fee, so I felt a bit guilty about slacking; some of the professors were a*holes; the wi-fi was really bad.
Now go get an education. It can do wonders for your future, or so I’ve heard.
I can say that overall, I had a positive experience at the school. The program provided me with a strong foundation in general management and leadership, and the faculty were knowledgeable and supportive for the most part.
One of the things I appreciated about the program was the diverse student body. I had the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with classmates from all over the world, which added a rich and valuable dimension to the learning experience.
However, there were a few areas where the program could have been improved. For example, the career services support could have been more comprehensive, and there were a few instances where the curriculum felt a bit outdated.
Despite these minor issues, I still feel that the MBA program at New Bulgarian University was a valuable investment in my career. I was able to secure a good job after graduation, and I know that the skills and knowledge I gained at the school played a significant role in my success.
Overall, I would give the MBA program at New Bulgarian University 4 stars. While it was not perfect, I still feel that it provided a good education and prepared me for success in my career.