The Michael Smurfit School of Business is the graduate business school of University College Dublin (UCD), located in Dublin, Ireland. The school offers a range of business programs, including:
- Full-time MBA
- Executive MBA
- Master’s degrees in management, accounting, finance, marketing, and other business-related fields
- PhD program in business
Here are some details about the school and its programs:
- Student body: The school has a diverse student body, with students from over 30 countries. The average age of MBA students is 29, and the average work experience is 6 years.
- Admissions: Admissions requirements vary by program, but generally include a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, work experience (for MBA and Executive MBA programs), and English language proficiency. GMAT or GRE scores are required for the Full-time MBA program.
- Accreditation: The school is accredited by AACSB, AMBA, and EQUIS, which are the three main international business school accreditations.
- Language of instruction: Programs are offered in English.
- Faculty: The school has over 80 full-time faculty members, who are experts in their respective fields and are actively engaged in research.
- Tuition fees: Tuition fees vary by program, but for the academic year 2021/2022, tuition fees for the Full-time MBA program were €34,500, while tuition fees for the Executive MBA program were €34,950.
- Curriculum: The programs at the Michael Smurfit School of Business have a strong emphasis on practical learning and problem-solving, with opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience through consulting projects and internships. The Full-time MBA program, for example, includes courses on leadership, strategy, and entrepreneurship, and culminates in a capstone project.
- Alumni: The Michael Smurfit School of Business has a strong alumni network, with over 16,000 alumni in over 100 countries. The school has a reputation for producing successful business leaders, and its graduates are highly sought-after by employers in Ireland and beyond. According to the school’s website, over 90% of MBA graduates are employed within 3 months of graduation, with an average salary increase of 83%.
Post New Review