Surrey’s connected MBA integrates a cross-functional syllabus to prepare you for the realities of the modern business landscape. Connecting you to academics, industry leaders, alumni and venture capitalists throughout and beyond your studies.
The University of Surrey’s MBA programme will help you achieve your career aspirations by developing your ability to lead innovation and leverage opportunities. During the programme not only will you study alongside, and collaborate with, high-calibre peers from diverse sectors and multinational backgrounds, you will also work together with a variety of companies. Our network has connections with local, national and global industries on multiple levels; you will carry out practical consulting projects, analyse business opportunities and participate in planning exercises in our bespoke dedicated facilities.
The full-time MBA programme attracts students from a wide range of business backgrounds and nationalities. It is particularly suitable for anyone wanting to build an international business career or preparing to start their own business.
- Core management subjects
- Specialisms in decision-making and insight, leadership, entrepreneurship and innovation and the digital economy. We benefit from Surrey Business School’s Centre for the Digital Economy (CoDE)
- Optional Surrey International MBA Study Tour
- Optional modules, so you can tailor the MBA to suit your needs
- The Surrey Connect mentorship scheme
- An opportunity to take part in connected business projects with our partner organisations, building hands-on experience
- Final Integrative Applied Project
- Professional development workshops
- One-to-one Personalised careers coaching and personal profile development
- Co-teaching, where we bring industry practitioners into the classroom
The full-time MBA is spread over three stages, with a one week induction and a focus on working in small teams alongside individual learning:
- Core modules
Full-time and Executive MBA students study the same core modules, with their delivery and assessment tailored for each programme
- Elective modules
Students will select two elective modules
- Integrative applied project
The project can take three forms: business plan, consultancy report or dissertation.
From our innovative modules that address the pressing issues of the modern business world, to our careers session and workshops, our holistic and integrated course provides students with a valuable, transferable and highly employable set of skills.