The MBA at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) allows you to study for one of the most respected business management qualifications via an intensive 12 month postgraduate course at the School of Business.
The MBA course is specifically designed for those wishing either to establish or sustain a successful managerial or professional career in business. Those who have already worked for at least two years in a managerial, technical or professional role may also wish to enhance their career prospects through MBA study. This course allows you to take an optional professional placement in semester 3.
We also run the MBA with placement which allows students to undertake a placement as part of their studies. Students apply for paid positions on a competitive basis and secure positions through their own efforts. Some assistance in preparation for applying for placements will be provided, however placements are paid employment and the employer has the final say. The work undertaken by the student must be of an adequate standard in an area of work strongly related to the content of the MBA Programme and the appropriateness of any placement will be assessed / approved by a member of the academic team on an individual basis.
A recognised university undergraduate honours degree, with at least a Lower Second Class Classification, or a professional qualification deemed to be equivalent, a minimum of two years’ work experience is desirable, but not essential.
For international students, in addition to meeting the above minimum entry requirements the University require a score of at least 6.5 in the British Council IELTS test.
PROGRAMME AT A GLANCE
- Accounting and Finance
- Leadership and Management
- Managing People
- Fundamentals of Economics
- Operations Management Strategy
- Strategy and International Management
- New Enterprise Venture Development
- Data Analytics
- Designing a Research Project
- Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice
- MBA Dissertation
- Optional Module- Professional Placement
To gain the MBA with Professional Placement you will have to successfully complete a total of 12 modules (180 credits), including Dissertation and MD4054 (Professional Placement).
You will be taught by highly experienced and qualified tutors and will complete an MBA dissertation. The MBA provides a rigorous process of personal and managerial development, in which you are encouraged and expected to make your own unique contribution.
This intensive 12 month course offers you a range of key benefits, each of which will enhance your development and future career prospects:
- Apply the latest thinking on business management to the analysis of the key problems being experienced by the world’s major businesses.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the main business functions of marketing, human resource management, accounting and finance and operations management.
- Develop an international perspective on both operational and strategic management.
- Gain new business start-up expertise and develop your entrepreneurial flair.
- Recognise the implications of managing knowledge in a global context.
- Sharpen your team-working and leadership skills.
- Develop the research skills necessary to tackle management problems, issues and learning.
- Undertake your own postgraduate research work into a topic within the field of business management that has interest and relevance to your future career.
- And finally, to critically review your work experience to date in the light of contemporary knowledge and understanding of business and management.