The most popular professional degree programme in the world, the MBA is a globally-recognised qualification designed to develop your leadership skills, underpinned by practical and theoretical knowledge. It offers you the opportunity to formally recognise your business expertise and take you to an exceptional level in terms of career progression, earnings potential and job satisfaction. Completing our MBA will make sure that you have the credentials required to compete against the best.
The MBA is our on campus MBA programme.
The MBA is focused on the real needs of business and will provide you with an opportunity to develop your understanding of the key knowledge and skills required to succeed in today’s challenging business world, when it’s going to be harder and harder to move up without a higher-level qualification.
Although the programme is aimed at working professionals, with significant business experience, there is still a lot to learn. We will explore both the practical and theoretical aspects of business, broadening and deepening your knowledge – and focusing on powerful business insights – many of them newly emerging business models that will shape tomorrow. Just like our students will.
During your studies, you will learn about data management for better decision-making and operations management, as well as going on to work on strategy formulation and implementation.
You will work on your personal development: skills, style, and leadership. You are prepared to mature as a manager and become able to lead, motivate and manage.
But we do all this in a refreshingly different way. Our MBA is not about business dogma. It’s about getting you to challenge the way business is done and find new, more effective, more creative ways of doing it.
The MBA Faculty use a range of different methods to engage you, with an emphasis on experiential learning. These range from formal lectures, group discussions, industry-real role-plays, simulation exercises, case study analysis and project work. You will take cutting edge modules during our summer school which is led by visiting scholars as well as staff.
Our MBA attracts talented people from different industries, from all over the world. In this way, you will be able to learn from your classmates, share ideas, create professional networks and make friendships which last well beyond the academic experience.
How You’ll Study
Our modules are assessed entirely by coursework – so for example, you are required to produce reports, briefing notes, presentations and reflective journals, which help you build up a personalised portfolio of experience – tangible proof that you have acquired key business skills and knowledge and something we know that prospective employers find very useful.
- FIELD WORK
- GROUP PROJECTS
- INDIVIDUAL PROJECTS
- Just like industry, we don’t run our programmes around exams – in fact there are no exams, just intensive real-world learning that helps you gain relevant knowledge, quickly and effectively.
- All assessments are done by a portfolio of work-based assignments.
- We’re talking about powerful knowledge that will stay with you and make you more marketable within industry long after you’ve completed the MBA.
Why Study MBA?
A University of Aberdeen MBA gives you:
- An internationally recognised MBA delivered by a reputable University.
- High quality teaching staff in a Business School and University with an excellent academic reputation.
- Teaching informed by close links with business and industry.
- Specialist subject knowledge of the core areas of business, for example marketing, operations, finance and human resource management.
- The interpersonal skills required to lead, manage and motivate successful networks, teams and organisations.
- The opportunity to explore new perspectives, ideas and challenges for business.
- Optional modules to help you tailor your MBA.
- Credibility with your business peers.
- Career development support.
- Flexible study options whether you are learning full time over one year on campus or part-time over two to five years.
Business leaders of tomorrow, prepare for success today.