About this course
The MBA is a general management course aimed at aspiring and established middle managers from a range of business sectors.
The course has been designed to account for current (local, regional and international) market trends and has recently been updated to provide additional flexibility, choice and the opportunity and to help apply taught management skills.
The overall objective of this course is to educate and develop individuals as managers and business specialists, adding value through an integrated, applied and critical understanding of management and organisations, as well as the development of professional, transferable and intellectual skills that are essential for successful general and strategic management in private, public and third sector organisations.
Students will have the opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and insight in the following areas:
- Develop multidisciplinary and international perspectives, concepts and issues in the major management disciplines
- Gain an understanding of relevant toolkits and techniques for analysing business and management issues
- Cultivate the ability to analyse, synthesise and apply knowledge and understanding to solve management problems critically, rationally and rigorously
- Gain an appreciation and application of contemporary management and information systems to aid strategic decision making in business and management
- Develop an appreciation of appetite and responsibility for lifelong learning and personal development
- Develop skills for leadership and transformational roles in business in the changing external context within which they are likely to operate
- Develop strategic thinking, innovation and entrepreneurial skills
- Improve interpersonal and group-working skills
You will be taught using a wide variety of teaching methods across the modules including lectures and seminars, totaling around 12 hours per week. In addition to your time in class, you will also be expected to engage in approximately 30 hours of self-study time per week.
You will have access to Blackboard, our online learning environment, where you can access module resources and reading lists that will assist your preparation for classes and self-study.
Evening and weekend study
One of our study options available for UK and EU nationals includes evenings and weekends. This study option offers exactly the same levels of student support and the ability to balance your full-time studies with your personal life. Find out more about evening and weekend study options here.
You will be assessed by coursework, including assignments, group assignments, presentations and class tests.
Careers and progression
The course places a strong focus on enhancing the employment prospects of its graduates. Previous Ulster University alumni have secured positions within large multinational organisations such as Diageo, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte and KPMG as well as small to medium-sized enterprises. Others have used the programme as a valuable springboard to gain a thorough understanding of business and management principles before starting up their own business.