Mode of Study: Full-time
Duration: 1 year
Start date: January – September
A Master of Business Administration is one of the most prestigious postgraduate qualifications, valued by leading employers Internationally
Designed for professionals, an MBA is different from other Masters degrees in that it draws very much on your life and personal experiences. You’ll have group work, real-life examples and case studies to work through. This internationally-recognized qualification will develop your managerial skills and give you the expertise you need to take on senior roles.
This programme is tailored to the dynamic, contemporary, global business environment, focused on developing skills in leadership and the application of conceptual management theories to current practice.
- Marketing and Building High Performing Organisations
- Global Business Economics and Finance
- Management and Organisational Change
- Leading Strategic Decision-Making
- Managing Innovation
- Contemporary Issues in Strategic Management
- Research Skills for Managers
- MBA Project
You’ll acquire creative problem solving, critical reasoning and strategic thinking skills, and apply these to your learning about global economic principles, strategic business issues, organisational management and the realities of the competitive marketplace.
You’ll utilise and augment your written and verbal communication techniques, giving you the confidence to present your ideas and strategies to the business world.
Your learning experience will be complemented by participation at a residential weekend and enhanced by masterclasses with guest speakers from various business sectors.
On graduation you’ll join our MBA Alumni community, giving you access to future masterclasses and networking.
- How you’ll be taughtThis is a full-time course and is split up into three trimesters. You can choose to start in either January or September.Duration:
- September starts: 12 months
- January starts: 18 months with a three-month break over the summer (after the first taught trimester)
You’ll learn by a variety of teaching methods including lectures, interactive tutorials and independent study.
- AssessmentsThe MBA programme uses a combination of formative and summative assessments, which vary with each module.These include reports, case study analyses, exams, and group presentations. Your final module will involve designing and executing a research project in a relevant business/management area.
- FacilitiesYou will undertake your full-time study at our Business School located on Craiglockhart Campus.
The entry requirement for this course is a Bachelor (Honours) Degree at 2:2 or above. We look for applicants to have a background in any discipline in order to be eligible for the programme.
We may also consider lesser qualifications if you have sufficient professional work experience within the industry.
English language requirements
If your first language isn’t English, you’ll normally need to undertake an approved English language test and our minimum English language requirements will apply.
This may not apply if you have completed all your school qualifications in English, or your undergraduate degree was taught and examined in English (within two years of starting your postgraduate course).
We welcome applications from students studying a wide range of international qualifications.
We’re committed to admitting students who have the potential to succeed and benefit from our programmes of study.
Our admissions policies will help you understand our admissions procedures, and how we use the information you provide us in your application to inform the decisions we make.
Fees & funding
The course fees you’ll pay and the funding available to you will depend on a number of factors including your nationality, location, personal circumstances and the course you are studying. We also have a number of bursaries and scholarships available to our students.