Our 10-month immersive MBA program prepares talented and dedicated individuals for extraordinary lives as principled entrepreneurs.
3 promises: Learn how to learn, make money, and live a life of meaning
Learn How to Learn
Our simulation and case-based curriculum teach you how to listen, think, and clearly communicate. Unlike narrow technical skills that rapidly become obsolete, “learning how to learn” will serve you your entire life.
TOOLS AND SKILLS
Learn How to Make Money
Our curriculum arms you with the tools, skills, and judgment necessary to build a thriving business. In every class and in every case, you will be forced to make tough decisions that test your principles until you have earned the intuition of a master entrepreneur.
Learn How to Live A Life of Meaning
Companies cannot survive unless they make money, but life is about more than just maximizing cash flow. Throughout our program you will learn how to balance the demands of family, business, and community while working to discover your calling in business and in life.
What to Expect
Ever feel like a misfit? So did many of the world’s leading entrepreneurs. When it comes to equipping people like you, most programs miss the point. That’s why Acton teachers—all of them successful, working entrepreneurs—focus on what works in the real world, so you can start leaving your mark ASAP. You’ll learn from seasoned entrepreneurs whose top priority is your growth and success.
- You’ll learn from entrepreneurs with battle scars.
- Your teachers and mentors are successful entrepreneurs who are gifted in the classroom and proven in the boardroom.
- Designed with an entrepreneur’s perspective.
- You will learn how to build and grow successful businesses from scratch and be the kind of entrepreneurial leader that inspires others to join your team.
- You’ll be treated not just as a student, but as a valued customer.
- Our teachers sign a contract agreeing that they’ll step down if they don’t meet your needs.
We work with:
- Bright, talented and driven individuals
- Dedicated and successful entrepreneurs who are proven in the boardroom and outstanding in the classroom
- Real-world cases, which participants analyze, argue and discuss throughout each 120-minute class session
- Experiential learning and simulations, including door-to-door sales, assembly line construction and other immersive learning techniques
So that our graduates are prepared to:
- Listen, question, analyze and persuade like a master entrepreneur
- Deploy the tools and judgment to run a thriving business
- Identify their calling
- Run a successful business, raise a loving family and contribute to their communities and the world in a powerful way
Break out of structure, routine and theories — Come to Acton for an experience that brings you into a community of exceptional leaders making an extraordinary impact on the world in less than half the time and cost of a traditional MBA program.
Acton begins with a blended learning experience during the first semester of our program. During this initial four-month period, you’ll engage in a series of interactive online courses – including cash and valuation, operations, customers and discovery – to prepare you with a strong foundation to take into the pit on day one of the in-class semester of the program.
Students typically spend about 20-25 hours per week with the material during Pre-Matriculation. The classroom portion of the program begins the next semester and takes place on campus in Austin, TX.
During this intensive second semester, students find themselves working approximately 80-100 hours per week. With only five months of the program required in residence, students often continue working during the first semester, relocating to Austin only for the second and final semester.
Acton MBA entrepreneurship classes are focused on cases, each of which requires hours of individual concentration and preparation beforehand. Plan on devoting between five and eight hours of study to analyzing each case in depth. Any less and you’ll be left behind.
Study Groups are like prototypes for class. You’ll arrive at Study Group each morning fully prepared to stand in the shoes of the case’s entrepreneur. Your group will choose a peer to open the case, and for over an hour you’ll describe and defend your positions with them. If you haven’t prepared, it’ll show.
Classes begin with a “cold call,” a challenging question the teacher poses to a single student to open the case. What comes next is eighty furious minutes of analysis, argument, and fervent persuasion. Individual contribution is critical.
Start your application to Acton’s MBA program by providing us with some basic information below. Once we receive this information, our admissions team will reach out to help you through the rest of the application.
Acton February Cohort (Peterson Fellowships):
Application Deadline: December 15, 2018
Virtual: February 25, 2019 – July 15, 2019
In-Class: August 5, 2019 – December 14, 2019
Acton July Cohort:
1st Application Deadline: January 7, 2019
2nd Application Deadline: March 4, 2019
Final Application Deadline: May 13, 2019
Virtual: July 29, 2019 – December 16, 2019
In-Class: January 6, 2020 – May 16, 2020