Designed to accelerate the progression of senior leaders.
Use the Apprenticeship Levy to futureproof your organisation.
This highly practical Masters level program in leadership excellence focuses on the development of the strategic leadership skills of those responsible for the overall performance and long-term sustainability of their organizations.
Building on 35 years’ experience of running one of the world’s leading MBA programs, this degree prepares experienced managers and functional specialists for and accelerates their progression into strategic leadership roles.
The program aims to:
- develop leaders who are able to set vision, direction, purpose and strategic intent and who are able to manage finances effectively
- deepen participants’ understanding of global, macro-level market trends and environmental influences, when identifying opportunities and risks
- develop inclusive approaches to leadership, so as to be able to develop sustainable, ethical, innovative and supportive cultures that deliver results
- help participants become role models for others by influencing positively at all levels and across diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders
The program starts with a half day introduction at Ashridge. After that, it is delivered through a flexible blend of virtual classes and face-to-face workshops (residentials) at our historic Ashridge Estate campus. The two-year course is divided into the following six modules, which are sequence neutral, allowing participants to join at various entry points throughout the year.
Each module consists of a 2.5-day intensive face to face workshop (residential) followed by 12 weeks of virtual study.
- Strategy & Marketing
- Leadership 2030
- Finance & Risk Management
- Innovation & Digital Transformation
- Personal Impact & Branding
- Enterprise & Operations
The individual modules are delivered through a highly interactive set of activities including:
- Lectures & webinars
- Simulations & experiential learning
- In-class & virtual discussions
- Live cases & company speakers
- Self-directed virtual study
- Group & project work
Strategic Work-based Project:
Students will undertake a strategic business challenge and use academically rigorous research methodologies to deliver actionable recommendations to their organization. The aim is to further develop knowledge, synthesis, analysis and overall critical understanding of a range of strategic business disciplines, by allowing students to apply their learning in an ever-changing real-world environment.
The work-based project phase comprises three stages:
- Stage 1: 12-week module on research methods (20 credits), which includes a 4,000-word report covering a literature review and proposed research methodology
- Stage 2: 12-week WBP engagement which includes a 5,000-word report (30 credits) addressing an issue of strategic and/or operational importance within the employing organization.
- Stage 3: 20-minute (pre-recorded) presentation (10 credits) which is submitted alongside the final report.
End Point Assessment:
The three-stage approach to the work-based project has been designed in line with the requirements of the End Point Assessment (EPA), for which, students are expected to submit their 5,000-word WBP, and prepare a presentation to the EPA panel.
Thanks to our long-standing and award-winning experience of customizing programmes for our global network of clients, we are delighted to offer the option of closed cohorts for those clients, who wish to develop the management and leadership skills of entire groups of employees (minimum of 50 people).
This ensures that the content is complementary to existing development programmes, relevant to the context of your industry, and reflective of the culture and values of your organization. Closed cohorts also allow for more flexibility with regards to delivery dates and the possibility of in-house teaching at a venue of your choice.
Admissions and fees
Upon completion, participants will gain an internationally recognised (UK & US) Executive MBA from one of the leading triple-accredited business schools in the world.
Next intake: January 2019, April 2019, August 2019, November 2019.
The program modules are sequence-neutral, which allows participants to join at various entry points.
Fee: The program fee is £27,000, including the End-Point-Assessment.
Length: 2 years, alongside full-time employment
- Individual employers will set the selection criteria for their Apprenticeships.
- The government requires individuals to have the equivalent of a level 2 in English and Maths (GCSE level).
- For individuals with no managerial work experience, a previous degree (or equivalent award) is required.
- For individuals without an academic qualification, at least 3-5 years’ managerial experience in a professional setting is required.
- Funding rules require an individual to be employed and working at least 50% in England.
- Strong personal motivation and capability to benefit from and contribute to the program.
- Line Manager support and access to the employing organization to undertake work-based assignments, to build the portfolio of evidence and carry out the work-based action project.