American University in Bulgaria offers these MBA programs;
- Executive MBA
- Full-Time MBA
The Sofia-based executive programs at the American University in Bulgaria are tailored to the get-up-and-go of those who are never tired of exploring the subtle knowledge of business success and the immense power of networking.
Learn more about our executive programs and join the most suitable for you!
WHY Executive MBA AT AUBG?
- U.S. and Bulgarian Accreditation
- Innovative curriculum focused on new concepts and best practices.
- Interactive and engaged learning based on case approach.
- Outstanding international faculty members and leading practitioners with global know-how and local awareness.
- Cultural diversity and professional experiences of fellow participants.
- Weekend classes designed for busy professionals.
- A business trip enabling EMBA students to learn from real-world business situations and practices at leading European companies.
- Excellent employment prospects and high incomes for graduates.
- Strong alumni networking.
AUBG’s Executive MBA, the first executive MBA program in Bulgaria established in 2003, is highly selective and has successfully educated the business leaders of the country for more than a decade. It is recognized worldwide for its practical curriculum that provides up-to-date skills for high performance in a complex global business environment.
Professionals and individuals who seek additional skills to help them move up within their organizations or set up their own enterprise, willing to become part of the new executive leaders society.
Applicants should have three to five years of professional experience, strong academic credentials, evidence of leadership in their professional and personal lives.
Current students represent a broad range of functional backgrounds, areas of expertise and levels of management positions.
Executive MBA since 2003:
Focus on Excellence & Innovation
AUBG’s Executive MBA, the first executive MBA program in Bulgaria has successfully educated the business leaders of the country for more than a decade. It is recognized worldwide for its practical curriculum that provides up-to-date skills for high performance in a complex global business environment.
Accredited in both Bulgaria and the United States
Why Choose EMBA at AUBG:
Weekend Classes to Fit the Busiest of Schedules
The Executive MBA program is a sixteen-month (four-term) degree program to help you refine your management style and prepare you for increasingly responsible positions. The program integrates the fundamentals of business with contemporary perspectives and tools. Students complete four academic courses each term (3 credits each), attend monthly leadership seminars, and participate in a team business trip, the European Business Environment (1 credit).
- Completed application form
- Two essays (topics included in the application form)
- Two professional recommendations
- Resume or professional CV
- Undergraduate and/or graduate diploma and transcript from an accredited institution of higher education. (If the original is not in English, please provide a notarized English translation).
- Valid TOEFL or IELTS or Cambridge ESOL CPE score sent directly from the respective testing agency to AUBG Admissions Office. The AUBG institutional code number for receiving the official TOEFL score is 2451.
- A non-refundable application fee of 35 Euro
The applicants can benefit from the AUBG Executive MBA two-step application process:
- Pre-selection without TOEFL:
Submit all required documents without the TOEFL test and attend a professional interview. The Admissions Committee will encourage applicants with the potential for successful admission to the AUBG Executive MBA program to take the TOEFL test before the application deadline.
- Final Selection:
Executive MBA applicants who applied for pre-selection are expected to take the TOEFL test in time for AUBG to receive the official score reports by the application deadline.
AUBG’s Executive MBA program now offers several scholarship opportunities:
- The International Student Scholarships
- One Rising Star Scholarship
- The Scholarships for NGO Professionals
American University Executive MBA Admissions Requirements
Because the AUBG EMBA program is selective, admission is competitive. Each application is carefully read by the Admissions Committee and evaluated on the basis of its merits as a whole. Current students represent a broad range of functional backgrounds, areas of expertise, and levels of management positions. What they have in common is the desire to learn, seek new opportunities, and accept a challenge.
Applicants should have a minimum of two years of professional experience, strong academic credentials, and evidence of leadership in professional and personal lives.
All students are required to have obtained a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education. Students with undergraduate studies in business and related fields, as well as those with undergraduate studies in other fields, are encouraged to apply.
English Language Proficiency and Tests
Minimum requirements for proficiency in English apply to all University applicants. Applicants who are not native speakers of English may fulfill this requirement by achieving a satisfactory score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), IELTS or University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations.
Satisfactory scores on English language proficiency tests:
- Paper-based TOEFL – 550
- iBT – Internet-based TOEFL – 80
- IELTS – 6.5
- ESOL – University of Cambridge Examinations
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) – B
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) – C
English Language Proficiency Tests Waivers
The AUBG EMBA Admissions Committee may waive the requirement for English language proficiency tests for:
- Native speakers of English language;
- Non-native speakers of English language who have completed a full-time Bachelor’s degree program in an accredited university with instruction in English within 5 years of the date of application to the AUBG EMBA program.
All candidates need to provide evidence of motivation and the potential for organizational leadership. Pursuing an Executive MBA is a demanding experience. We look for evidence that participants will be reflective, mature and realistic, as well as highly motivated. Because of the program’s particular emphasis on working in groups with colleagues from diverse professional backgrounds, we seek candidates who will be active participants in the teamwork and contribute to the collaborative learning spirit of the Executive MBA program.
Upon acceptance of the application package, the Admissions Committee of the EMBA Program will schedule a professional interview with the candidate. During this interview, the candidates will be asked about their work experience, their expectations for the EMBA Program to contribute to their careers and the qualities and skills they will bring to the EMBA cohort.
A committee including EMBA faculty members and representatives of the EMBA administration will serve as the core of the Admissions Committee.
One review on “American University in Bulgaria”
The best university in the area. It has really good education but the campus itself is just gorgeous. It has a big park with a lot of trees and bushes that are being looked at by professional gardeners. The place is overall beautiful and perfect for relaxing and a good walk.